Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Update on The Night Phoenix

So, I might have mentioned a while ago (or maybe I didn't... ah well) that I was editing The Night Phoenix. Well, I finished that a few weeks ago.

Then I turned the manuscript over to a person I met on www.holyworlds.org ; his username there is Aratrea, and that's what I'll call him to avoid confusion. I had posted a notice on the fantasy section of that website, asking if anyone would be able to do a third edit of The Night Phoenix (I had already read through it twice). Aratrea offered to do the job.

I got the revised copy back just a few hours ago. I haven't gotten the chance to read it, but it seems like he made quite a few suggestions--and all of them are very helpful.

So I'm going to go through again and make changes again. Then, depending on how I feel about it, I might ask another of my friends to edit it again. If I like how it turned out, I might just leave it and start working on a query letter to send out to some publishers.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Before sending your manuscript to a publisher, check out this booklet: http://www.amazon.com/Rivet-Your-Readers-Point-ebook/dp/B007PUMQ1O/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351716118&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=riveting+your+readers+with+deep+pov

    (Sorry to leave a second comment) Is The Night Phoenix a single novel or just one in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thanks, I appreciate the link!

    It's a single novel, though I have two other ideas that would work amazingly for other books with the same characters.

    ReplyDelete