Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Night Phoenix


The Night Phoenix is, as some of you may know, a novel I finished for National Novel Writing Month, 2011.
Truth be told, I was supposed to have been finished editing it by now. The fact is, I haven't gotten very far at all. My life got insanely hectic right after National Novel Writing Month ended. Then, once I got some free time, I was feeling so depressed, I didn't feel like doing any writing at all--except for poetry.
However, as of Tuesday, I decided to continue on with my editing. My inital plan had always been to at least get the manuscript of The Night Phoenix sent to a publisher by summer of 2012; and that's still my plan. I'm simply going to have to force myself to stop procrastinating.

I've made some major changes so far, and there will most likely be more to come. One of my supporting characters had originally been called Ian Asher; I've changed it to Ethan Asher now. That's probably the biggest change I've made--so far, anyway.
Besides that, I seriously have to get back on track and do some more researching on Area 51 and the FBI; they play integral parts in the novel, and I'm afraid I slacked off on describing those two things accurately.

Anyway, after I'm finished with the inital editing processes, I'm going to send a query letter to one of two publishers: Malachite Quills or Black Rose .
If--the tiny amount of optimist in me wants to say 'when', but I'll refrain--my novel is accepted, I'm definitely going to be busy promoting it and creating a book trailer for it. Nothing too fancy; probably just artwork and maybe a few clips of scenery. I don't have very many resources to actually film a trailer with costumes and everything as of yet. Perhaps one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment